Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Bugging God?

“…‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming…’” (Read the whole passage here: Luke 18:1-8 ESV)

To be brutally honest, I’ve always had trouble seeing a need for prayer. Sounds like heresy, I know! I guess my human logic tends to get in the way of faith often, and this is a perfect example: If God knows everything (and He does), and if he knows my needs before I even ask (and He does), then … well, why do I need to ask? Doesn’t it seem illogical?Maybe you can relate to my struggle, or maybe it sounds silly to you, but I know that it has affected my prayer life through my years of walking with God. This passage from Luke 18 does not perhaps answer my “logic issues,” but it does show a remarkably faithful God. He wants us to ask, and He wants us to keep asking.It is in the asking that we grow closer to Him, learn to trust Him and learn perseverance. His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are His ways our ways (see Isaiah 55:8). He knows that for some reason, we need to pursue Him. Yes, He knows our needs from the dawn of eternity, but He invites us to come, to ask, and to receive. What a gracious God!Have you been bugging God enough lately? He would really appreciate it.

Oh God, give me a heart to seek You! May I never be satisfied until I see Your face, hear Your voice, and Love Your ways. Lord, make me the pray-er You want me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment