Saturday, February 16, 2013

I'm sorry

______,have you ever heard the expression,
"Love is never having to say you're sorry?"

Sometimes I wonder how such utterly ridiculous
expressions become commonly accepted. If you're
close to someone, you're going to step on their
toes occasionally. And when you hurt someone,
ESPECIALLY YOUR SPOUSE, it's important to say,
"I'm sorry."

Not only is it important to say "I'm sorry," but
it's important to say it well. Usually the words
alone are not enough. You have to get inside your
spouse's heart, feel their pain, and in order for
them to forgive you, they have to feel COMPLETELY
understood. Otherwise, you might say, "I'm
sorry," and your spouse might say, "It's okay,"
but nothing will change. You could be stuck in
that hurt for years.

I wish for you and your spouse that you
SUCCESSFULLY move through your past hurt and that
"I'm sorry" restores your relationship the way
those 2 magic words have the power to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment